Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Review: Even If I Fall

Even If I Fall Even If I Fall by Abigail Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brooke's brother, Jason, is in prison for the killing of his best friend, Calvin. The entire family become pariahs in their small town. They are haunted by neighbors and friends and even each other. The family is so broken. There is a good deal of focus on the family members' struggles with reconciling the son and brother they all loved with this killer he became. My heart ached for the family because I could only imagine how hard their situation was. There were times I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster with every emotion while reading this book.

Brooke gives up her dream of ice skating as she felt she needed to stay home with her family so they wouldn't fall apart more than they already have. She develops a relationship with Calvin's younger brother that is complicated and messy. They are able to understand and talk to each other, and enjoy support that they couldn't get at home. They have both lost someone they loved.

This book covers family drama, friendship, and a bit of mystery. Overall, a beautiful story of broken people trying to pick up the pieces and begin living again.

View all my reviews

No comments: